The AIA Academy of Architecture for Health (AAH) has selected the recipients of the 2014 AIA National Healthcare Design Awards program. The program showcases the best of healthcare building design and healthcare design-oriented research. Projects exhibit conceptual strengths that solve aesthetic, civic, urban, and social concerns as well as the requisite functional and sustainability concerns of a hospital.
Built, Less than $25 million
- 5G Studio Collaborative — Legacy ER – Allen
- Merge Architects — Lightwell: Greater Boston Orthodontics; Waltham, Massachusetts
Built, More than $25 million
- Ballinger — Lancaster General Health Ann B. Barshinger Cancer Institute (shown above)
- Skidmore, Owings & Merrill — Mount Sinai Hess Center for Science and Medicine
- Perkins+Will — Rush University Medical Center New Hospital Tower
- HKS — Children’s Hospital of Richmond Pavilion (CHoRP)
Innovations in Planning & Design Research
- GBBN Architects — Cincinnati Children’s Family Pet Center
- MASS Design Group — GHESKIO Cholera Treatment Center
Learn more about each project and see more images at the AIA website.
Image: Peter Aaron/ESTO.